Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Poem: The Day Before Christmas

Something on a happy note for a change. Inspired by the classic Night Before Christmas poem, here's my take, just a quick fun idea I wanted to share:

'Twas the day before Christmas
And I just had to smirk
As all of this white stuff
Got me a snow-day from work

Shovelling, and scraping
& chipping the ice
Try not to be naughty
& remember to be nice

So that Santa remembers
To bring me a gift
Of course he's real!
If not, I'd be miffed

With flakes drifting down
& gilding the branches
Coating the roadways
We'll still take our chances

To gather with family
& celebrate with friends
To relax & to give thanks
'Til the holiday ends

So bring on the spirit
& maybe the spirits too =)
Drink eggnog, eat cookies
Enjoy what families do

Until the day is done once more
& to home we have returned
Another year, a memory
A respite we have earned

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, have fun & be safe. Thanks for reading.

~Colette

2 comments:

  1. Like the poem. Really cute and meaningful. Since I'm reading this so late, Happy holidays anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you - all comments are welcome =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...